I really liked the message in church today. I am always reminded of this. I always tell myself, oh, I'll read the Bible today. I'll pray more. It never really happens. I find myself always having a "half" relationship with him. Thinking, God'll be in my life. I believe in Him. But that's not a real relationship. You have to pick up your cross and follow Him. God wants a real relationship with you. He wants you to leave everything you have, behind. It may seem a bit selfish or strict. But think about it, just like in a marriage, you want a real relationship with your husband or wife. Not," I'll be with you sometimes. I'll love you, but I won't really talk to you much." God loves you, and always will, but He wants a relationship with us. He doesn't want us to ever look back.
At camp I'd always find myself so so close to Him. Always bright about the future, wanting to pray to God more, to read the Bible more, and be a better person. But, once I get back into my routine. I forget what we had that week. And we go back to a half relationship. And I stop relying on Him as much. I just go my own way, praying only when I need stuff or am really desperate for help. And yet, sometimes I don't even talk to Him then. I used to pray almost every night to just talk about my day and prayer requests and such. And nowadays, I barely give him the "head nod" except on Sundays and Wednesdays. A week ago or so, I realized how much I needed Him. I thought that would be a turning point. But it is not that easy. You have to keep trying to give everything you have to God. Materials, friends, family, and responsibilities:give them all up to God and follow Him.
We read in church today: Luke 9:57-10:1 and Luke 14:31-33. It is tough to give up everything. But it is possible. Be bold in your love for Jesus. Take care and God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment