Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ready or not? Here School Comes . . .

Sophomore year was really tough on me. My main goal was just to wait until summer. I had a lot of plans and a routine written down a month before school even got out. Then summer comes around, and not one day did I follow the schedule I had written to benefit myself. As I always say once summer ends, with no major goals completed: "There's always next summer!" 

But now that junior year is upon me and all my junior peers (quite obviously), I admit that I am kind of excited. I am a lot better when I have a set routine rather than laziness, although nice for a few days gets dull and addicting after that. I have come to the idea that I will make my mom get up at a certain time every morning next summer to start off my schedule no matter how late I'll stay up the night before because at least that way I shall realize the consequences. 

With that rather tangent route said, back to the main topic of fact: School is tomorrow. I am hopeful, yet pessimistic. I want there to be something more than drama, more than the stack of assignments given daily, but that is what high school is for, is it not? Is it really meant for happiness? No, just learning, drama, and hard work. School isn't meant to be fun. That is what summer is for. And summer kind of failed in that regard this year. So maybe someone will have pity on me and give me a good school year instead? Doubt it, and yet I still have that thrill for something somewhat new, yet somewhat familiar. And that evil six letter word is school! And, whether I want it to or not, or if I am ready or not, here it comes. I cannot hide much longer, for school is coming to find me . . . .

No comments: